In one of our latest commercials advertising the services offered at our 41st Street Rehabilitation Center, we feature an amazing individual, Stephen Bruggeman. Steve lost his leg during a military training exercise. The following years were tough for Steve as he learned a new way of life adjusting to a prosthetic leg. Not one to be deterred, Steve wanted to do more with his life and came to become a patient of ours though Rehabilitation Medical Supply, a service of Children’s Care. Later, he became an advocate. At age 47, Steve has not only adjusted to his prosthetic leg, but has other legs to help him in athletic events including running, swimming, biking and kayaking.
Most recently, Steve was in San Diego for the National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic. While there, Sports Illustrated was on hand to take pictures of these fine folks who have dedicated so much for our country. We salute these Americans, including Steve, for not only serving in our military, but in being an outstanding example of how to overcome the challenges life can throw at you. Congratulations Steve for the recognition you and your fellow veterans were given while in San Diego!
"I grew up receiving services from Children's Care Hospital & School and still remember many of my teachers and helpers. I enjoy coming each day to help the children any way I can, I like helping in the pool and enjoy working with all the staff. It is my desire to be of assistance in the best way I know how."
– Teresa R., Volunteer
- Helping kids with disabilities stay active
- State seeks input on treatment options for children with autism at public forums
- Handwriting Camp now offered at LifeScape’s Summer Camps
- Baby Talk and Beyond: Helping your child develop great communication skills
- What is autism supposed to look like?
- Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The “R” Word: A Mom’s Perspective
- Thanks 2013 Donors!
- Parenting Children with Anxiety: How do I know if my child’s worry is excessive?
- Carter’s Story: Why we “Walk & Roll” for kids at Mall Walk
- Assistive Technology (7)
- audiology (3)
- autism (86)
- Behavioral (8)
- Blog (17)
- Children's Care (61)
- Developmental Disability (10)
- Extended & Medical Care (11)
- Inspiration (18)
- Mall Walk (1)
- Occupational Therapy (8)
- Opportunities (5)
- Outpatient (2)
- Outreach Therapy (1)
- Physical Therapy (16)
- rehabilitation (7)
- Social Networking (1)
- Speech Therapy (9)
- Spina Bifida (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Toe Walking (1)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Video (18)
Make a donation
Click here to find out more ways
to support LifeScape!
OR donate online!