For Sheila Sechser, helping children learn to feed and dress themselves, or how to write with hands made uncooperative by cerebral palsy, has been a rewarding life’s work since she began work here on March 6th, 1967. “Children’s Care becomes a part of your life,” she says. As an occupational therapist, Sheila’s goal for the [...]
Category Archives: Occupational Therapy
"The enjoyment I get making life better for people through something I designed or built is what's kept me at Children's Care for the past 30 years."
– Pat C., Technology Specialist
- Helping kids with disabilities stay active
- State seeks input on treatment options for children with autism at public forums
- Handwriting Camp now offered at LifeScape’s Summer Camps
- Baby Talk and Beyond: Helping your child develop great communication skills
- What is autism supposed to look like?
- Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The “R” Word: A Mom’s Perspective
- Thanks 2013 Donors!
- Parenting Children with Anxiety: How do I know if my child’s worry is excessive?
- Carter’s Story: Why we “Walk & Roll” for kids at Mall Walk
- Assistive Technology (7)
- audiology (3)
- autism (86)
- Behavioral (8)
- Blog (17)
- Children's Care (61)
- Developmental Disability (10)
- Extended & Medical Care (11)
- Inspiration (18)
- Mall Walk (1)
- Occupational Therapy (8)
- Opportunities (5)
- Outpatient (2)
- Outreach Therapy (1)
- Physical Therapy (16)
- rehabilitation (7)
- Social Networking (1)
- Speech Therapy (9)
- Spina Bifida (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Toe Walking (1)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Video (18)
Make a donation
Click here to find out more ways
to support LifeScape!
OR donate online!