Linda Cundy of Madison will have a signing of advance copies of her children’s book She Acts Very Different in the Children’s Care Hospital & School lobby at 2501 West 26th Street on Thursday, December 15. The hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Linda wrote the book about her daughter, April, a student at Children’s Care. The message is that God likes each of us just as we are, and encourages us to accept others who are different from ourselves. A recurring stanza is, “She acts very different; God says it’s okay. He loves her so much and likes her this way.”
The book was recently published by Tate Publishing, and will be available in book stores and libraries on January 17th. The cost is $ 9.50, with tax. A portion of the proceeds from the signing will go to Children’s Care Hospital & School.
"My favorite things about working at Children's Care are: my co-workers and our Rehab Center team, the fact that with the variety of disciplines represented at the rehabilitation center, I am continually learning something new that I can apply to my job and therapy skills, and the variety of clients I can see in one day."
– Shawn F., Physical Therapist
- Helping kids with disabilities stay active
- State seeks input on treatment options for children with autism at public forums
- Handwriting Camp now offered at LifeScape’s Summer Camps
- Baby Talk and Beyond: Helping your child develop great communication skills
- What is autism supposed to look like?
- Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The “R” Word: A Mom’s Perspective
- Thanks 2013 Donors!
- Parenting Children with Anxiety: How do I know if my child’s worry is excessive?
- Carter’s Story: Why we “Walk & Roll” for kids at Mall Walk
- Assistive Technology (7)
- audiology (3)
- autism (86)
- Behavioral (8)
- Blog (17)
- Children's Care (61)
- Developmental Disability (10)
- Extended & Medical Care (11)
- Inspiration (18)
- Mall Walk (1)
- Occupational Therapy (8)
- Opportunities (5)
- Outpatient (2)
- Outreach Therapy (1)
- Physical Therapy (16)
- rehabilitation (7)
- Social Networking (1)
- Speech Therapy (9)
- Spina Bifida (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Toe Walking (1)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Video (18)
Make a donation
Click here to find out more ways
to support LifeScape!
OR donate online!