SOCIAL SKILLS GROUP STARTS OCTOBER 1ST AT CHILDREN'S CARE IN RAPID CITY!POSTED: SEP 10, 2013
The group will be led by psychology resident Kaylee Trottier, PhD, on Tuesdays from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. through December 17. The group will meet at Children's Care at 7110 Jordan Drive in Rapid City. Social skills groups are designed to improve social behaviors in children by building basic behavioral and cognitive social skills. Children will receive instruction that promotes more productive/positive interaction with others. Group sessions will include many topics. Examples include:
- How to approach others in social acceptable ways
- Taking turns
- Initiating and ending conversations gracefully
- Better ways to handle frustration/anger
- Acceptable ways to resolve conflict with others
- Listening skills
- Awareness of own and other's feelings
- Coping with negative feelings
Cost is $350 per child. For details or to register, call Children's Care at (605) 791-7400.
« back to article list
Past and Present
News & Resource Center
Make a donation
Click here to find out more ways
to support LifeScape!
OR donate online!
Change your life
Work at LifeScape and touch the hearts of others.
See our current Events.